Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for contacting the Governor’s Office. Please see the FAQ below for answers to our most frequently asked questions.

Budget state budgets, budget highlights, Transforming Washington's Budget, temporary layoff

Business starting, growing, registration, taxes, licenses & permits

Complaints abuse, citizen complaint, consumer complaint, discrimination, whistleblower

Disabilities employment, rights, resources

Education early education, K-12 schools, disabilities and Individualized Education Plans, higher education

Emergency management and public safety preparedness, natural disasters, public health

Employment and economy jobs, training, unemployment, workers compensation, economic recovery, financial education

Environment and natural resources conservation, permits, salmon, state lands, landowners, resources

Government budget, elections/voting, local, federal & state government, state laws

Health Care health care reform, private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, other

Immigration citizenship, immigration reform, legal permanent residence, state driver's licenses

  • Immigration is a federal issue, and the Governor has no jurisdiction over federal matters. Please contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you are having difficulties with USCIS or would like to share your opinion on federal immigration reform, please contact your federal elected officials.

  • For concerns about access to state driver’s licenses, please contact your state legislators here.

Insurance auto, health, homeowner, life, long-term care, other

Legal child support, custody, divorce, legal help, pardon and clemency, prisons

Navigating government

Office of the Governor requests flag, photo, student info, scout troops, invite the Governor to an event

  • How do I request a Washington state flag?

  • How do I request a photo of the Governor?

    • Due to budget restrictions, our office is no longer providing photos of the Governor. You may download a digital copy here.

  • Where do I find information for a student project?

  • How do I invite the Governor to an event?

  • How do I request a scouting recognition for my son or daughter?

    • Our office provides congratulatory letters for in-state scouts only.  To receive a letter, please submit a written request with the scout’s name, scouting rank, and address.

Social & Community Services food assistance, housing, health care, child care assistance, other

Travel passports, enhanced license/ID, tourism

Transportation SR 520, Columbia River Crossing, Alaskan Way Viaduct, licensing, public transportation

Veterans benefits, resources, services

If you didn't find what you were looking for, please click here to send a message to the Governor.

Request a meeting